JIANGSU GOODWE POWER SUPPLY TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, the Manufacturer of GE-branded solar inverters (hereinafter referred to as the Manufacturer) warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations set out below, the GE-branded solar inverter selling in Australia market shall be in good working order during the period of
1. 5 years *Manufacturer’s warranty for single phase on-grid inverters including: GEP3.6-1-10, GEP4.2-1-10, GEP5.0-1-10, GEP5.0-1C-10, GEP8.5-1-10, GEP10-1-10 and three phase on-grid inverters including: GEP29.9-10, GEP50-10, GEP60-10.
2. 5 years Manufacturer’s warranty for hybrid inverters including: GEH5.0-1U-10, GEH8.6-1U-10, GEH10-1U-10.
3. 2 years Manufacturer’s warranty to accessory product including WIFI Kit, Meter etc.
starting from the first-time product installation date or if the claimant can NOT provide any proof of the installation date, the warranty will be starting from 6 months after the manufacture date.
The Manufacturer declares that GE-branded solar inverters including all the single phase and three phase on-grid models listed above coming with a standard 5 years warranty, can be extended to 10 years if the product was successfully connected to GE monitoring system.
If the claimant wants to make a warranty claim, please contact your local distributor where you purchased the product from, or the installer who installed the inverter for you. If the claimant was unable to obtain service from them, or was NOT satisfied with their service, the claimant can escalate your service request to the Manufacturer by calling +61(0)412 841 426) or writing an email to (email@example.com). You can also find the contact information by visiting www.gesolarinverter.com.
Please note, in order to deliver a friendly and timely service, the Manufacturer cooperates with many distributors and installers worldwide. As such, they should be treated as the default service channel of the Manufacturer and this service channel should be used to make any warranty claim; the Manufacturer will support and audit the service channel to ensure good service to customers.
Please have the following information on hand as it may be required when contacting the local distributor.
1. Contact information of claimant, including name of the person, name of the company, phone number, email address and shipment address.
2. Information regarding all defective product(s), including product(s) model(s), serial number(s), installation date and failure date. Please make the claim within one month from the failure date, otherwise the Manufacturer may treat it as you have abandoned the right to make a warranty claim.
3. Installation information, including brand, model, and number of PV panels; if the defective product is an energy storage system, the brand and model of batteries are also needed.
4. Error message on LCD screen (if applicable) and additional information regarding the fault/error.
5. Description of actions before the failure and detailed information of previous claims (if applicable).
The Manufacturer may arrange an on-site inspection to find out the root of the faults. The claimant is responsible for granting access, making time, and ensuring the safety of the inspection by a technician from the Manufacturer or an authorized third party company. The Manufacturer reserves the right not to enter the site should the Manufacturer technician consider it unsafe to do so.
If a claim is received within the warranty period and a fault with the product is discovered that is covered under the warranty, the Manufacturer may, at its sole discretion, elect to:
1. Fix the issue by changing configurations or updating software.
2. Repair the product by replacing with spare parts.
3. Exchange the product for a product that is brand new or refurbished but at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or an upgraded model which is either functionally equivalent or functionally superior to the original product. If the device is replaced within the warranty period, the remaining warranty period will be automatically transferred to the replacement unit. If the remaining warranty period is less than one year after the replacement, it will be extended to a full one-year warranty. For every single inverter exchange case, the claimant must gather the necessary information and send the RMA report (by following the Manufacturer’s RMA template) to the Manufacturer to confirm the RMA request, prior to the product being exchanged.
4. If it’s proven that the problem was caused by faulty installation, the Manufacturer reserves the right to contact the original installer and request that they provide a solution to fix the issue before the Manufacturer’s intervention and may charge the subsequent cost to the original installer if they fail to provide a proper solution to fix this issue.
All parts of the product or other equipment that the Manufacturer replaces shall become the Manufacturer’s property. If the product is found not to be covered by this Limited Warranty, the Manufacturer reserves the right to charge a handling fee. When repairing or replacing the product, the Manufacturer may use products that are new, equivalent to new or refurbished.
Unless a special/unique agreement exists between the Manufacturer and the customer, the limited warranty covers only the cost of hardware material required to get the device functioning again.
Transportation costs: in some areas, the Manufacturer will cover the outbound and inbound transportation costs by using normal ground transportation up to a total amount (please contact the Manufacturer for the rate) per case. The claimant must cover any excess costs or any costs generated by using another method of transportation. The claimant must organize and bear the cost of the return of the allegedly defective product to the Manufacturer and should inform the Manufacturer of the shipment schedule in advance. As products need to be packaged in a reasonable condition; the Manufacturer suggests using packaging material that is the same size as the product package at the time of purchase. If the allegedly defective product is not returned within 4 weeks of the replacement unit being received by the claimant, or there’s no damage found after checking the returned product, the Manufacturer will invoice the claimant for the replacement unit in addition to the delivery and associated service charges.
On-site service labor costs: in some areas or business cases, to encourage the claimant using the installer’s facilities to fix the problem, the Manufacturer may, at its sole discretion, decide to offer a rebate (please contact the Manufacturer for the rate) to the claimant or local installer/electrician to cover the on-site service labor under the following conditions:
1. The rebate will be eligible ONLY to the party who has carried out on-site service for the allegedly defective product.
2. The allegedly defective product has been returned to the Manufacturer and deemed to have workmanship or material defects upon testing and inspection by the Manufacturer.
3. The claimant must contact the Manufacturer prior to the site visit for authorization. If the site is a remote area or if the installer is unable to be on site, the Manufacturer recommends the claimant find a local electrician to carry out the on-site service. 4. The service rebate must be claimed within 2 months of the date upon which the on-site service is authorized by the Manufacturer.
All other costs including but not limited to compensation from direct or indirect damages arising from the defective device or other facilities of the PV system, or loss of electrical power generated during the product downtime are NOT covered by the limited warranty.
The following circumstances may cause device defects but are NOT covered by the
Manufacturer’s limited warranty.
1. Normal wear and tear (including, without limitation, wear and tear of batteries). 2. Any defects that occur when the product warranty period has expired (excluding additional agreements of warranty extension).
3. Faults or damages due to faulty installations or operations, maintenance carried out against the Manufacturer’s instructions by an unauthorized installer, e.g. insufficient isolation caused by broken DC cable.
4. Disassembly, repair or modifications performed by a third-party company/person not authorized by the Manufacturer. Product modifications, design changes or part replacements not approved by the Manufacturer.
5. Faults or damage due to unforeseen circumstances, man-made factors, or examples of force majeure including but not limited to stormy weather, flooding, overvoltage, pests, inappropriate handling, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning or other acts of nature.
6. For the products equipped with the SPD module, when the lightening is beyond the SPD’s protection range, it won’t be able to protect the inverter and the Manufacturer limited warranty does NOT cover the inverter or accessory damage caused by such lightening.
7. Vandalism, engraving, labels, irreversible marking or contamination or theft.
8. Usage which does not comply with the safety regulations (VDE, IEC, etc.).
9. Faults or damage caused by other factors not related to product quality issues.
10. Any rust that appears on the device’s enclosure caused by harsh environmental conditions. Faults or damage caused by exposure to sea coasts/saltwater or other aggressive atmospheres or environmental conditions without the Manufacturer’s written confirmation/approval prior to the installation.
11. Accidents and external influences.
12. Combining the Manufacturer’s storage product with a lead acid battery pack or any other lithium battery pack from our list of compatible batteries which you can find from www.gesolarinverter.com
13. Unless a special agreement exists between the Manufacturer and the battery manufacturer, for all the battery packs NOT listed in our ‘APPROVED BATTERY OPTIONS STATEMENT’, but which have completed the compatibility test with the inverter, it’s the responsibility of installer/system integrator to check the battery safety as well as system performance and reliability. The Manufacturer shall guarantee the performance of the inverter under the normal working conditions within the standard warranty term and provide limited technical support if applicable. However, the Manufacturer shall assume no liability for system malfunctions and any incurred loss or damages whatsoever.
14. Product failure is not reported to the Manufacturer within one month of appearance.
Any defects that occur after the expiry of the warranty period, or which occur within the
warranty period but which are listed in the warranty exceptions above, are known by the
Manufacturer as out-of-warranty cases. For all out-of-warranty cases, the Manufacturer may
charge an on-site service fee, a parts fee, labor costs and a logistics fee to customer,
including any/all of:
1. On-site service fee: cost of travel and time for the technician to deliver on-site service and labor cost for the technician, who is repairing, performing maintenance on, installing (hardware or software) and debugging the faulty product.
2. Parts/materials fee: cost of replacement parts/materials (including any shipping/admin fee that may apply).
3. Logistics fee: cost of delivery and any other expenses incurred when defective products are sent from the user to the Manufacturer or/and repaired products are sent from the Manufacturer to the user.
The Limited warranty terms and conditions only apply for the devices which are originally
purchased from channels authorized by the Manufacturer and installed in the destination
defined within the Australia mainland unless there are specially stipulated warranty terms
and conditions between the Manufacturer and the direct purchaser. For any units sold for one
country/region but installed in another country/region, the warranty will become invalid if
the Manufacturer does not provide written confirmation/approval prior to the installation.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This limited warranty applies to products that are sold and installed after October 1, 2020.
It is the end user’s sole and exclusive remedy against the Manufacturer and the
Manufacturer’s sole and exclusive liability in respect of defects in product. This limited
warranty replaces all other Manufacturer warranties and liabilities, whether oral, written,
(non-mandatory) statutory, contractual, in tort or otherwise, including, without limitation,
and where permitted by applicable law, any implied conditions, warranties or other terms as
regards satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose. However, this limited warranty shall
neither exclude nor limit any of your legal (statutory) rights under the applicable national
laws. To the extent permitted by applicable law(s), the Manufacturer does not assume any
liability for any loss of, damage to or corruption of data, for any loss of profit, loss of
use of products or functionality, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of revenue or
loss of anticipated savings, increased costs or expenses or for any indirect loss or damage,
consequential loss or damage or special loss or damage, or punitive loss or damage. To the
extent permitted by applicable law, the Manufacturer’s liability shall be limited to the
purchase value of the product. The above limitations shall not apply in case of gross
negligence or intentional misconduct of the Manufacturer or in case of death or personal
injury resulting from the Manufacturer’s proven negligence.
*The Manufacturer’s warranty is a basic warranty promise from the Manufacturer to the end users. In some countries/districts, end users may receive an additional warranty promise (should be at least equivalent to the Manufacturer’s warranty) which is provided by the Manufacturer’s local distributor; should any claims arise in this respect, please direct them to the local distributor. Please note this Manufacturer limited warranty statement may NOT be the latest version, please refer to the latest version of the Manufacturer limited warranty by visiting our global website via www.gesolarinverter.com
Rev: 2.1 20210407
End of warranty